Up until 1725 the Bastion was a set of level buildings and the location of fire watch. Until 1787 four canons – the “Four Evangelists” – were used to raise the alarm. They have since been replace by somewhat lighter ceremonial artillery pieces.
The guard house at the southeast corner of the Bastion dates from the 16th and 17th century, the L-shaped wooden roofed building, dated 1796, houses a military museum, part of the Graz Museum. Exhibits including uniforms, weapons, equipment and pictorial displays document the history of Graz as a garrison town.
Address:Garnisonsmuseum, Schlossberg, 8010 Graz
Opening hours:June - October 10:00 - 16:00